STUDIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FROM 1 JANUARY 2018 AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
FEES & PAYMENT:
- Lessons are billed at the beginning of each term according to your specified payment option with payment due within seven (7) days of the issue date or as stipulated on your invoice. Mid-term enrolments are billed for the remaining weeks in the term unless otherwise arranged.
- Failure to pay fees on time or respond to reminders may result in late fees, reversal of any discounts applied or the immediate cessation of lessons.
- Payment must be received on or before the due date on your invoice. If fees are not paid according to the conditions of your payment option, discounts are no longer applicable and an alternative arrangement must be made. To avoid inconvenience to either party please select the lesson option that best suits your current financial situation, goals, and availability.
- Fees may be paid by electronic funds transfer (account details provided on invoice), or in person in cash.
- Clients are not billed for classes that fall on a public holiday or other teaching holidays. Public holiday lessons may be offered at times. These will be invoiced separately and may incur an additional levy. Public Holiday and other related dates will be confirmed at the beginning of each term but may be subject to change.
STUDENT CANCELLATION, LESSON SWAPS & MAKE-UP LESSONS
- Term Clients: no refunds or make-up lessons for cancellation due to illness, scheduling conflicts, no-showing or forgetting. When a clash occurs, clients may request a lesson swap through the closed Facebook Group - Rachael's #singspirational vocalist community or may request a Skype or Facetime session in their regular lesson time in place of an in-studio session.
- SPECIAL STUDENT REIMBURSEMENT OFFER: in the event that you are unable to attend your lesson and a swap cannot be arranged, you can offer your lesson to another member of Rachael's #singspirational vocalist community on Facebook and arrange to be reimbursed for this lesson. All private studio members are eligible for this option, including Ad Hoc clients. Reimbursement amount and method must be arranged privately between members. If you're not a member of the Facebook group and wish to advertise for a reimbursement swap, an email request should be sent no less than 72 hours prior to your scheduled lesson time and Rachael will post on your behalf. If the reimbursement swap is unsuccessful, usual cancellation conditions apply.
- Notice of non-attendance is appreciated and should be made by text message during business hours (10am - 6pm) at least 24 hours prior to the lesson time. The full lesson fee is payable in the event of a cancellation. No refunds or credits will be offered.
- When offered, make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled and do not roll over to subsequent terms. Make-up lessons must be booked before the end of the current term/semester. Make-up lessons are not guaranteed and are booked based on availability and at the discretion of the teacher. It is the responsibility of the student/client to follow up eligible make-up lesson bookings. Make-up lesson booking times are restricted to regular teaching days and hours. There are no credits or refunds for missed make-up lessons.
- SKYPE/FaceTime Option: in the event that you are unable to attend your scheduled lesson time at your booking location due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances, your lesson can be conducted via Skype or Facetime. A minumum of 24 hours notice is required.
- Term/Semester Fees are non-refundable. If you wish to withdraw from lessons mid-way through a term your fees will not be refunded. If you to do not intend to continue lessons after the end of the current term, notice in writing (email) no later than two (2) weeks prior to the end of the term prior to discontinuation is greatly appreciated. This allows fair time to fill your vacated session time in the upcoming term. If you decide to discontinue lessons due to a change in your availability please discuss these changes with Rachael prior to withdrawing from lessons as every effort will be made to find an alternative suitable time. If you decide to discontinue lessons because you are not satisfied please discuss with Rachael. Every effort is made to cater to the individual's needs whilst maintaining an underlying methodology, pace, and standard developed over many years of teaching, research and education, proven to achieve results. Whilst is important to maintain realistic expectations, Rachael is also open to feedback and requests from students/clients.
- Monthly recurring invoice clients wishing to terminate lessons are required to give a minimum of 2 weeks notice in writing when withdrawing from lessons. Clients will continue to receive the lessons they’ve paid for until the end of the monthly cycle (including the 2 weeks notice period) when the termination will take effect. Refunds will not be issued.
- In the event that the teacher has to cancel a lesson, a make-up, credit or refund will be offered.
- In the event of cold/flu/upper respiratory infection or other contagious ailments, students are asked to cancel their lesson to reduce the risk of infecting the tutor and other students. The tutor reserves the right to cancel your lesson should you arrive in an unfit condition. No make-up or credit will be offered in this instance.
- ANU School of Music BMus Performance students are not able to participate in the Reimbursement Swap option.
AD HOC & SKYPE LESSONS
- Clients attending lessons on an ad hoc basis are required to give a minimum 48 hours notice of cancellation or will otherwise be charged the full fee for the lesson. Payment can be made by direct credit or cash and must be received on or before the scheduled lesson time. An invoice and receipt will be issued as required. Bookings are made subject to availability. Ad Hoc clients receive priority when a term placement becomes available.
- Lessons begin at the allotted lesson time and will cease with 5 mins remaining to allow for lesson review, note taking, questions and pack up. When a client arrives late the lesson will still end on time.
- Clients are encouraged to build and maintain their own music library. Copyright infringement incurs serious penalties. Rachael also offers a CHART WRITING SERVICE - $60 p/h.
- Rachael will record selected sections of your lesson throughout the term using Evernote. Students are encouraged to create an Evernote account.
- Clients are encouraged to record all lessons with Rachael and should provide their own recording device for this purpose.
- Clients are encouraged to keep a Lesson Diary to take notes during the lesson, keep notes during the week, track at-home practice and for Rachael to add prescribed practice requirements and exercises. Evernote is recommended for this purpose.
- Clients are expected to practice all prescribed technical work and repertoire and completed any assigned music theory, aural, musicianship exercises.
- Clients are encouraged to participate in Rachael’s Home Studio Concerts, Workshops and Masterclasses etc. Details of upcoming Studio Events will be released to students as soon as dates are finalised.
- Clients over 18 years of age are encouraged to join Rachael's closed Facebook group, Voice Club as well as follow Rachael on social media.