STUDIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FROM 1 JANUARY 2020 AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
FEES & PAYMENT
- Invoices will be issued shortly after your booking is received and payment is due on or before your scheduled booking.
- Failure to pay fees when due will result in lesson cancellation or late fees may be applied.
- Fees may be paid by electronic funds transfer (account details provided on invoice), or in person in cash.
- Clients are required to give a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation or will otherwise be charged for the lesson.
- An invoice and receipt will be issued via email.
- Bookings are made online subject to availability.
STUDENT CANCELLATION, LESSON SWAPS & MAKE-UP LESSONS
- No refunds or make-up lessons for last-minute cancellation (that is inside the 24-hour window) due to illness, scheduling conflicts, no-showing or forgetting.
- SPECIAL STUDENT REIMBURSEMENT OFFER: in the event that you are unable to attend your lesson and are unable to provide 24 hours notice you can offer your lesson to another member of Rachael's #singspirational vocalist community on Facebook and arrange to be reimbursed directly for this lesson. Reimbursement amount and method must be arranged privately between members of the Facebook group. If you're not a member of the Facebook group and wish to advertise for a reimbursement swap, an email request should be sent no less than 72 hours prior to your scheduled lesson time and Rachael will post on your behalf. If the reimbursement swap is unsuccessful, usual cancellation conditions apply.
- Notice of non-attendance is appreciated and should be made by text message during business hours (10 am - 6 pm) or email at least 24 hours prior to the lesson time.
- When offered, make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled and do not roll over to subsequent terms. Make-up lessons are not guaranteed and are booked based on availability and at the discretion of the teacher. There are no credits or refunds for missed make-up lessons.
- SKYPE/FaceTime Option: in the event that you are unable to attend your scheduled lesson time at your booking location due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances, your lesson can be conducted via Skype or Facetime. A minimum of 24 hours notice is preferred. Clients recognise that Rachael is not responsible for internet lag due to internet traffic conditions and accordingly do not hold Rachael responsible for lost time during lesson due to such conditions.
- In the event that the teacher has to cancel a lesson, a make-up, credit or refund will be offered if applicable.
- In the event of cold/flu/upper respiratory infection or other contagious ailments, students are asked to cancel their lesson to reduce the risk of infecting the tutor and other students. The tutor reserves the right to cancel your lesson should you arrive in an unfit condition. No make-up or credit will be offered in this instance.
- Lessons begin at the allotted lesson time and will cease with 5 mins remaining to allow for lesson review, note-taking, questions and pack up. When a client arrives late the lesson will still end on time.
- Clients are encouraged to build and maintain their own music library. Copyright infringement incurs serious penalties. Rachael also offers a CHART WRITING SERVICE - $60 p/h.
- Rachael will record selected sections of your lesson throughout the term using Evernote. Students are encouraged to create an Evernote account.
- Clients are encouraged to record all lessons with Rachael and should provide their own recording device for this purpose.
- Clients are encouraged to keep a Lesson Diary to take notes during the lesson, keep notes during the week, track at-home practice and for Rachael to add prescribed practice requirements and exercises. Evernote is recommended for this purpose.
- Clients are expected to practice all prescribed technical work and repertoire and completed any assigned music theory, aural, musicianship exercises.
- Clients over 18 years of age are encouraged to join Rachael's closed Facebook group, Voice Club as well as follow Rachael on social media.